Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Relax Your Mind, & Let Your Conscious Be Free.."


I woke up tense, knowing that I'd have to commute in the disgusting amount of snow that appeared to be sticking to the city streets this morning. ....However, unbeknownst to me - I'd be experiencing a "nu" kind of relaxation before I said my Good Night's.



Today was the day that my lovely friend Jada scheduled an appoitment for me to visit the Nu Yu Day Spa [NOT pictured above], located in the Prospect Heights section of Brooklyn.

It was my first time ever going to a spa and the experience was quite memorable. Out of the two treatments that I received [mini relaxer massage & power cleanser facial] ..I have to say, the facial was THE GREATEST. I assume I loved it more because of the dark room [I swear, I'm a vampiress lol] and the African beats that lightly buzzed through the speakers. The treatment, though 30 minutes, felt like it lasted a good hr. I hung on to every minute of it as if my life depended on it. ....& with that said, I will most certainly be back for more. lol.

The staff happens to be very friendly and the environment is extremely warm. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a quick pick me up/wind down.

Nu Yu Day Spa
43 Clifton Place
Brooklyn, NY 11238-1301
(718) 783-2616

No comments: