Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dear Diary | Everything Is Irie

I started work at 1pm yesterday, but prior to that I had an early appointment. ..It only lasted about 15 minutes, the most, so I had major time to kill. -- It was hot though, so I needed some place cool. & since I was going in to work soon I, of course, needed some place chill. With great food.

I walked down W. Houston, looking for a Thai restaurant that I'd passed once before but Miss Lily's came up first and immediately I walked in. ..Miss Lily's is a Jamaican Jerk Hut with a cool island vibe that I was helplessly drawn to. It's very bright and welcoming. Cozy. The music's great. The staff, a group of young girls, were very cool. & my food was at my table in 2.2.


I ordered their coconut pancakes - which melted in my mouth. 
I would have never imagined myself ordering coconut anything - I'm not really a fan of it. 
But these pancakes were amazing. 


This is the wall in the back of the restaurant. ...There's a DJ booth back here and everything. 
You can find these vinyls covering the walls on both the left and right side of this space.


& right in the center you have speakers. 
I didn't get a pic of it, but if you look up, there's also a disco ball. 
I can't wait to go back for dinner and grooves. 
-xx

No comments: