Friday, June 3, 2011

Dear Diary | Today's Not Exactly A Summer Day


Well it isn't exactly Summer, anyway.

We've been spoiled these past few, hot & humid, days. I don't know how I feel about this 76 degree air. 
But what I do know is that it definitely isn't helping this cold that I'm trying to get rid of. 
I was just outside with short shorts and an exposed belly. I reckon I'll be wearing jeans and a cardi today, for sure. & a turban. 

Let's talk about this turban. 
So, I took my braids out. ..& knew that I'd need something to keep my mane together until I'd be able to get them back so I went to the city to fabric shop. It was so hot that day, I went into the first fabric store I could find and headed straight for Cotton Jersey. (._.   ._.) ...which went for close to 30 bux a yard. Totally popped my bubble. The tan fabric I bought was 18.95 a yard and I needed a yard exactly, nothing less. & a hairdo/crown. ...so there was no leaving without it. I managed not to kick myself all the way home, as I thought of ways to wear it. 

This was yesterday...
DIY exposed shoulder top.. by me.

..before I added my black tights and wedges. ;)
-xx

No comments: