Monday, March 8, 2010

DIY | Grey's Anatomy


Edward Scissorhands is what my mom calls me. & sometimes I have to wonder if the inventor of scissors had me in mind. ..I cut EV-ERY-THING [mostly clothes] & simply because I bore easily. 

My latest victim happened to be a pair of grey Uniqlo jeans that I bought a few mths ago. [see below] 


They were fun, served their purpose but I decided yesterday, that their time was up. 
I got my scissor and began to cut [starting from the pocket] creating horizontal lines all the way down to the bottom. [repeat for other leg as well]

Once my lines were cut, I pulled all loose strings to make a more prominent fringe. I then tied each leg [really tight] w. string that I got from an old cut up t-shirt and placed the jeans in a bucket of bleach and hot water for a tie-dye effect. 

I placed Tazo tea bags in the bucket as well. When the brown color seeps out, it acts as a dye. 
It's darkness, however, depends on how long you allow the denim to sit. 

After about 5 minutes, I removed them. [lol, I'm impatient. & the bleach did it's job in no time!]




&& This Is The Result ;)

After untying the strings, I rinsed them with cold water to get rid of some of the bleach before I threw them in the wash.
Although it's one piece of clothing, because of the bleach, I suggest that you set the machine for a large load so that your jeans get a proper soak. 
Once the machine stops, allow them to hang dry - and you're done!!


Once they're dry, your new pair of jeans should look similar to this [below]


Whatdaya Think ??

7 comments:

Kwame Panther said...

thats some david blane shit..but the jeans came out hot!

Melina said...

LOVE IT!!! I'm so gonna try it!

LOL @ "David Blane shit" lol

tierrarreit said...

thanks guys ;)

lmao @ kwame, hilarious!

Christielove said...

I love it

tierrarreit said...

thx chica ;)

Boi Genius said...

Very Unique!

tierrarreit said...

much appreciated ;)

-xo