Saturday, February 13, 2010

sings: "SHAWTY LEMME UPDAAATE YOU!"
[beyonce voice]

While the pretty city of NY was being hit with a wicked snow storm, many of us were preparing to kick off the most anticipated time of the month [besides VDAY]...Fashion Week.


Unfortunately, I was NOT amongst the bunch. There were many cute events that my girls and I planned to attend on Wednesday but I just couldn't see it happening in such treacherous weather. ...& though Thursday was no better, I couldn't stand being a fool twice! [alot was missed the day before & alot will be missed days after, RIP Alexander McQueen].

I got dressed and we headed out to Williamsburg for a viewing of The Powder Room NYC F/W 2010 collection. ...It was cool. There were a few pieces that I could see myself in but on very rare occasions.

(Me w. one of the designers Meredith Robinson)

(Aly && I)

(Me w. Mali)

Yesterday [Friday] I finally hit the tents & I swear, Bryant Park is giving off the sweetest vibe. Models, photogs, celebs, fashionistas; everything about it just excites me. Aly and I went to attend C.Ronson's show, which I loved. I believe her collection pretty much exemplifies 'my girl'. I'm talking about the girly, tomboy, rock sort of look that she tends to create. That girl, is me. There were turbans everywhere, so I'll definitely be buying a few. I tried one on once and loved it ;)


I loved my goodie bag as well. There was TRESemme mousse, HARD CANDY cosmetics and China Glaze nail polish ;)

I saw the lovely Whitney Port, Angela Simmons and lil bro Diggy as well as Solange and a few other FAVs.

(Solange backstage at C. Ronson)


After leaving the tents, I hit up Pop Burger for Kerry-Ann's Bday Bite. We stayed there for a few and then headed to Taj to work it all off. ..P.S. I party and dance now. lmao, that kills me too.

I had a really great time. ...Would love to hear your #nyfw stories. *puts ear to screen*

3 comments:

Melina said...

Wait! I havent been following this blog in a min, but is that your hair that grew so fast??!!

If so spill the beans on how to get that "long hair dont care" FAST!!! lol

Caroline said...

You are too cute. I looovvee your outfit!

You and your friend mali have that "model look" that needs to be showcased with the world! Beautiful (tall) ladies!! @ least it looks like the both of you are tall!

tierrarreit said...

@Melina: girl!! I am so over this short cut of mine, I've been wearing a partial "weave" for some mths now. My friend does it. It's growing like crazy...dying to go natural.

@Caroline: ;) Thanks doll! I was thinking of getting into modeling, many have been pushing me toward it [I get really shy tho, it stinks] lol. ...I'm actually 5'8 and Mali's 5'9.

-xoxo