Thursday, December 8, 2011

Writings on the wall: Modern Femininity


[Source: StyleLikeU]

I got a chance to meet Kelly Mills, one day, while in Soho.
She and [blogger/photographer] Mari J stopped my friend and I for a quick street-style photo op.
I may have a vintage soul ..but like Kelly and the rest of these women ..I'm existing as the "modern woman". Balancing a career, relationships, being able to travel, "save lives, save souls" is what this life [of mine] is all about. ..Out of everything said in this 16 min. vid - Kelly's take on both the modern woman and black woman v. femininity deeply resonates.

I remember being told that I wasn't feminine enough. ..Because I have "too much attitude".
I don't know how to "let a man be a man". ..When in fact, my ignorance actually lies in allowing myself to be walked on and treated like a doormat. I'm as dumb as they come when it comes to that.
& so is anyone else who considers strength to be a form of masculinity.

I Am A Woman.
who purrs just as much as she roars ..what you get depends on which side of the fence you're on.
#pickyourpoison
-xx

No comments: