Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fashion File | Yagazie Ledi Francisca Emezi


I just love her name. 
Yagazie happens to be one of my many stylish Facebook friends. 
I find her to have a really unique spirit and attitude, both of which stood out to me as I perused her pictures and often witty updates.
At present Yaga's wearing yarn braids.
Before this, she had a natural curly fro. 
& I suppose when she isn't in the mood to don either look, she rocks her Kente cloth.

We love versatility at The Erra of Arre. 
& because Yaga's style and way of being is both versatile and eccentric ..I've pulled her file. 

What do you do?
I'm a student double majoring in Cultural Anthropology and Africana Studies, and then on the side, I run my blog "Jungle Loveand make jewelry.

What are your favorite fashion blogs?
I actually don't go to fashion blogs, I have favorite hair blogs but have never been interested in actually dedicating myself to any fashion blogs. 

What are you wearing?
I'm wearing some cheapo boots from a little store in Albuquerque. I'm also wearing an oversized shirt my older brother used to to sleep in and my cut-off jean jacket. Leggings and socks are from Charlotte Rouse and my signature kente headscarf.

Style Mantra:
Traditional and Creative

Life Mantra:
Focus

One song that exemplifies your style:
I honestly haven't and still can't put much thought into it!

Someone you look up to & why?:
I look up to my mother even though we are not close at all 
but because of her ability to plan and maneuver situations for the best.

What drives you creatively?:
At first, I was driven by the need to stand out but I realized that I didn't have to put in much effort in that area so right now, I'm driven by my hands. 
I can't stay idle and I get satisfaction from picking up a book, starting a new project or working on my art.

If you could wear one thing everyday, what would it be? & why?:
I would wear my kente wrap everyday just because of its versatility. 
You would be surprised at the number of ways a piece of cloth can be manipulated. 
I would never get bored with it.

You feel your best when..:
I feel best when I'm around laughter and my loved ones. 
My friends keep me healthy with their laughter and my primal man has this incredible way of making me all kinds of good inside and out.

In your past life, you were..:
In my past life, I am pretty sure I was still some sort of African, probably a Nubian. And I was a man.

-xx
..Also, check out Yagazie's Tumblr!!!

No comments: