Monday, November 2, 2009

Turning The Page.
If you want something different, you have to do something different.
& For me, that something is 'completely relying on myself'.
Usually when there's an event, I'd invite a friend to go with me and if they couldn't go, I wouldn't go. .. :-\
You just never know what you're throwing away and I don't want to miss out on anything, whether it be a career opp. or simply the chance to have a great time, because I needed someone to tag along.
I'm very friendly, but I'm not the most social person. ...sounds silly, I'm sure.
Just saying..I'm not the type to approach people and start up a convo, not usually.
However, I'm full of smiles and will never turn someone else away.
So I'm not that bad off lol.
There are a few events that I RSVP'd for and I have +1's and +2's... but I don't think I'm going to take anyone. I'd love for someone to be there but I want to try something new. I'll be more likely to socialize if I go alone. If I bring a friend, chances are, that's the only person that I'm going to talk to.
I'm going to apply this to other parts of my life as well, it's necessary.
BUT... this journey starts Friday.
:crossing my fingers:

No comments: